Evolution of the Blue Diversion Toilet
The Blue Diversion Toilet has been developed to be a stand-alone piece of furniture. Since the beginning of the project in 2011, we have produced 4 models:
With the help of Tribecraft, we produced prototype 2. According to the results of the first field test, the hydraulics of the toilet was totally re-engineered, resulting in a smaller and more user-friendly interface and no foot pump. The integration of simple and robust electronics allowed for the simplification of the hydraulics, and will contribute to the reduction of costs in order to reach the target costs. Learn about the potential of industrialization...
Facts about Prototype 2
- Dimensions: 190 cm high, 74 cm wide, 91cm deep. The step to the toilet pan is 37cm.
- Material: the tanks and the pan are made of LLDPE plastic; the stabilization is made of steel
- Energy requirements: 11.5W electrical energy that is provided by a 60Wp solar panel
- Electricity consumption is for electrolysis, the aeration pump, ventilation pump, water pumps, and electronics for control and flush
- Life span: 10 years
- Container dimensions: 20L urine tank and 15L faeces tank